Sunday, June 16, 2013

Primary? There was a primary?

What happened on May 7th? People didn't know that they should vote, that is what happened. For whatever reason, be it apathy, complacency or ignorance of process, people did not come out and vote on election day. The result was that I received only 2363 votes out of 9985 that were cast. That means that 7622 loyal, party line voting democrats came out to vote for the democratic party candidates. Some 5027 voted for Nan Whaley and 2595 voted for A.J. Wagner.

I personally know thirty people who supported me but did not vote. Some even had my signs in their yard! The assumption was by many that since I was the incumbent and an independent, that I would automatically be on the ballot for November. Some people even voted for the candidate that they wanted to run against me in November, not realizing that by doing so they were eliminating me in this run off election. There are a lot of things that I can fix but I can not fix this.

It is what it is and now there are a lot of angry people. People should be angry because angry people come out and vote. How do I feel? It is disappointing that people do not understand what just happened. I am sure many people just don't care. I am not bitter though. I have achieved more in less than 4 years than others have achieved in 20 years. I get to leave with my head held high and with a successful track record that is not marred by any controversy. What a legacy!

How can you help? It is imperative that no single party controls the city commission. If it does then bad things can get covered up. You have to vote for the two independent commission candidates. You have to vote for the two Davids (Just think of David vs. Goliath). Learn about them at www.Independentdayton.com and support them in any way you can. You must vote for these two men otherwise Dayton will be in trouble.

In my next few posts I will analyze the campaign spending so the citizens know what they are getting. It is not reassuring for the future of my city.

3 comments:

G-RANT said...

we had a sign AND we voted for you, but we were the only ones there.

it was nice to not have to wait in line.

every dayton may get the government it deserves, but i had hoped for better.

G-RANT said...

we had a sign AND we voted for you, but we were the only ones there.

it was nice to not have to wait in line.

every dayton may get the government it deserves, but i had hoped for better.

Lance Videen said...

Quite frankly I don't vote at all. Especially not for any politician who allows corruption in their police department. I am fighting a losing battle of my own, a battle for the truth to come out. I have been falsely arrested for a few things, even convicted of crimes I did not commit and for which they had no actual evidence. City governments just cover it all up, and for what? Just to save their image.
So why should people vote for a politician who allows such?
I met a couple of fathers in jail who were there on false charges, caused by Dayton police. Media never mentions police corruption on a truthful scale, and they never broadcast anything but a biased story which puts judges and jury against a defendant, preventing them from getting a fair trial.
And so it is the voters who end up suffering because of conspiracy by law enforcement, media and local government officials.
I have plenty of evidence against Riverside police and the city. As well as evidence against the sheriff and his jail. And while I have attempted to notify local media a number of times, this story has never come to light. I have also attempted to get local law enforcement investigated but again nothing came of it.
I am fighting this battle for everyone.
What are you going to do about this epidemic of corruption? One can do much, even if one is not in a race.